The Vision and Opportunity in Getting Direction from Data
Technology for supporting innovative molecule design, streamlined process operation, target measurements, timely analytics, and robust data management has advanced greatly in the past 10 years.
The industry now has both the opportunity to create the data it needs and to harness the human and machine power to efficiently extract direction from it.
Imagine... data analytics at the speed of thought!
Alkemy Innovation Inc. is an engineering company providing direct technical support of operations, while also developing science-based software solutions that provide specific technical direction and guidance from data.
Current focus is on the pharmaceutical, chemical, and brewing industries, where better, faster data access and real-time overlay of time-based variables is crucial for activities such as:
- rapid troubleshooting
- streamlined R&D planning and implementation
- predictive model development
- optimized manufacturing processes.
Opportunities abound, not only for more efficient experimental planning and execution by scientists, but also for more advanced “smart” models that can be implemented to make processing more effective (i.e., producing the desired product quality and quantity).
To deliver data analytics solutions or new process models, for example, Alkemy Innovation works with a suite of available technologies and tools that support optimal data analytics at several levels:
- Business Intelligence Level: “How to use business data to drive performance”
(e.g., ERP systems like Oracle or SAP or “Manufacturing Intelligence” systems)
- Assessment of business needs and identification of optimal business platform.
- Project management for implementation of new ERP systems.
- Engineering Intelligence Level: “How to use technical data to drive engineering decisions”
(e.g., Seeq Data Analytics application, JMP, MVA, Process Modeling CFD software)
- Review of model-based, predictive, process control options.
- Data-driven model development and seamless integration into workflow. Including first principles-based model development and other approaches to define key trends and correlations.
- Strategic Data Acquisition Level: “What to measure, how to measure, when to measure”
(e.g., Process Analytical Technology assessment, Data acquisition for continuous manufacturing)
- Sample and data management, including data analysis, visualization, and reporting strategy development.
- Hardware and software technology assessment and implementation.
Partnering with Alkemy Innovation offers an effective way to achieve:
- Increased Day-to-Day Individual & Team Productivity
- More Timely Responses to Clients and Internal Queries
- The elimination of Unnecessary Experimentation
- More Insightful Q&A Leading to Smarter Conclusions Leading to Shortened Development Timelines
Example 1: PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING, SEPT 2017,"Creating Value from Data Assets: Designing the Optimal Data Asset Management and Analytics Approach for Your Organization is Key for Improving Operations, Compliance, and Safety"—By Lisa Graham, PhD (Link)
Example 2: BIOPHARM INTERNATIONAL, NOV 2016, LEVERAGING DATA ANALYTICS INNOVATIONS TO IMPROVE PROCESS OUTCOMES—By Lisa Graham, PhD (Link)
Example 3: Joint Poster Presentation with Merrimack Pharmaceuticals at the Bioprocessing Summit Conference, Boston, MA
Example 4: Joint Poster Presentation with Merck MilliporeSigma at the BioProcess International Conference, Boston, MA
Example 5: "Ensuring a Healthy Water System 24 x 7" Webinar with Azbil BioVigilant
Link: Click Here
Innovation is required, and possible, with the right attention paid to specific items, including:
- Sample and data management, upstream and downstream.
- Continuous manufacturing opportunities.
- On-line measurements combined with at-line analysis (and on-line).
- Correlation of product quality to key process variables.
- Model-based, predictive, process control.
- Automation of repeated analysis tasks and reporting for future reference.
Share your problem statements and your data with us… we’ll support your short-term analysis needs, while delivering on your long-term strategy for implementing scalable technology-based solutions for your team. For specific industry information, choose below:
We value participating in conference presentations, technical poster presentations, and webinars where we learn from others and share specific case study examples that illustrate how to drive innovation through an enhanced data strategy.
- "Leveraging Data Analytics Innovations to Improve Process Outcomes", Published in Biopharm International, November 2016 (Click here for the article).
- "Deriving Insight at the Speed of Thought: Advancing Medicine Production Through an Effective Data Analytics Methodology", Published in BioProcessing Journal, May 2016. (Click here for the article)
- "Creating Value from Data Assets", Published in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, September 2017. (Click here for the article)
- Life Sciences Webinar with Seeq, September 13, 2016. (Click here to access recording)
- Pharmaceutical Webinar with Seeq, June 12, 2017. (Click here to access recording)
- The Bioprocessing Summit, Joint Poster Presentation with Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, August 15-19, 2016, Boston, MA.
- Bioprocess International, Poster Presentation, October 4-7, 2016, Boston, MA.
- ISBIOTech, Presenter, December 12-14, 2016, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Smart Lab Exchange, Feb 20-22, 2017, San Diego, CA.
- IFPAC, (PAT-focused conference), Presenter, February 27-March 2, 2017, Bethesda, MD.
- OSIsoft User Conference, March 20-23, 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- UPW Pharma Conference - Keynote Presenter, May 30-June 1, 2017, Portland, OR.
- 4th Annual Life Science Knowledge Management Conference, August 9-10, 2017, Boston, MA.
- Boston Biotech Week: Bioprocessing International, Joint Poster Presentation with Merck MilliporeSigma, September 25-28, 2017, Boston, MA.
- Boston Biotech Week: Cell and Gene Therapy Bioprocessing and Commercialization, Presenter: "Implementing Large Scale Data Processing and Analysis in Bioprocessing", September 25-28, 2017, Boston, MA.
- Emerson Global Users Exchange, Workshop Co-Presenter with Merrimack Pharmaceuticals and Seeq: "Data Analytics Strategy Combining DeltaV and Offline Instruments", October 2-6, 2017, Minneapolis, MN.
- ISPE Annual Meeting: Workshop Presenter: "The Role of Data Analytics in Streamlining Process Development and Scale-up", October 29-November 1, 2017, San Diego, CA.
Upcoming Conference Events:
- BPI West, March 19-22, San Francisco, CA, 2018.